As an IT intern at YourSurprise you will be fully part of the IT team, consisting of around 35 people with expertise in software development, data science, testing and much more. The team consists of mainly Dutch speaking people, however we have some international colleagues as well.
You will be placed in one of our ships (an autonomous team responsible for a specific domain), which all operate in a different field of YourSurprise. Together we will determine whether the Webshop & Personalisation, the Internal Software or the Growth Support (Data science) ship will best suit your ambitions.
Who will you be learning from?
Software is one of the most important things that causes growth at YourSurprise. Whether it is the personalization software, automating our production department, forecasting the amount of gifts we have to produce on a certain day, we all built it ourselves.
Your colleagues are professionals with high ambitions. Every day they are working on the core of YourSurprise and improving it little by little. Most colleagues are using techniques like PHP, Typescript and React, which are our main programming languages, however we have colleagues specialised in testing, data science, and setting up our cloud infrastructure as well.
What projects do we have?
Based on your ambitions you will be placed in one of our IT related ships or assigned a specific project to do research. Some of the projects we have in mind right now are:
- Finding out whether low code is usable within YourSurprise;
- Researching AI possibilities within YourSurprise;
- Developing software used internally by your (new) colleagues,
- Supporting our personalisation tool, the editor, by developing certain parts of it together with a big team;
- Predicting whether the production orders will be finished on time with data science models and data analysis.
Curious about one of the above projects, or have a great idea yourself? Let us know and let’s discuss it!
What do we expect from you
- You are eager to learn and the only thing you want is to become an expert in something that has to do with IT;
- You will be using feedback and knowledge from our professionals to get the most out of your internship;
- You have experience with web development, for example with PHP, Typescript and React or doing data analysis with Python or R;
- You like to work in and with a team, together we can achieve more
What is in it for you?
- We will offer you a nice compensation for the internship;
- A place where it is more important to learn than to deliver results day after day;
- A lunch (for a small fee) and daily fresh fruits;
- A YourSurprise sports club, cool parties, cosy Friday afternoon drinks and the annual legendary weekend away with the whole company. All on a voluntary basis of course;
- A lot of freedom, even as an intern you can contribute with your opinion and cool ideas;
- With A unique teamspirit, we organise hackathons, LAN-parties, and training/learning possibilities.